- Lunch Buddy: Brenton employees are volunteer mentors who are matched with students in grades K-5 on. Mentors commit at least one school year to their match, meeting twice a month, for one-on-one time, during the 40 minute lunch/recess time at surrounding elementary schools.
- Freshman Academy Network (FAN) coaching: Brenton leaders connect with 9th-grade students in the efforts to reinforce skill development and a commitment to education. As a FAN Coach, Brenton employees encourage positive life choices that enable students to maximize their personal potential.
- CAPS program: CAPS is designed to help students increase professional skills needed for working in the real world, whether college is next or stepping directly into the workforce. These skills are developed through hands-on, project based experiences while working in a professional setting.
- Science Fair judging: Every year employees volunteer their time to judge science fair projects at the local middle school.
- Habitat for Humanity: Brenton has partnered with HFH to build homes in the Douglas Country area. We have also partnered financially to see homes to completion.
- Alexandria Area High School Technology Academy: Donated $75,000 to purchase precision machining equipment not currently available to the students in the referendum funding.
- Hosts monthly Red Cross Blood Drives.
- YMCA building project: Donated $60K.
- Pledges each Brenton employee that participates in the Special Olympics Polar Bear Plunge.
- Participates in the Adopt-a-Highway program, cleaning a 2 mile stretch of state highway roadside.
- Annual area coat drive.
- Coordinates United Way donations through payroll.
- Brenton Scholarships recognize outstanding academic achievement among children of employees. Since 1995, 93 high school seniors have received a scholarship.
Brenton employees run a two-mile stretch of Highway 14 NE near our facility to help keep the Alexandria area looking beautiful.